07 May 2008

Its High Time Someone Spoke Up!

Egad, where does the time go? It's been some time since my last entry. No apologies, I've been busy.

I don't have a settled mind as of late. It's not that I'm unhappy or angry, just wondering what is happening in this world? I sincerely think we've all lost our minds. I don't know what else to think.

I watch the news, read magazines and newspapers, browse online and read often. The information is out there in bucket loads. We are very informed. So why, oh why, oh why are we such morons? Why are we so destructive with our tangible world yet so lackadaisical with our intangible world. The intangibles we avoid: politics, religion, government, racism. We "talk "about these issues, sure, we talk a lot. But we don't do anything, not really. When it comes to tearing down trees however, and polluting water, we seem to be ready for action 24/7. When we need to take on the government, we get lazy and wait for action.

What in the world is going on? Why is it so hard? Why can't we do more than talk? I'm not daft, I know it's easier to talk than walk the talk. Yes, that's easy to say. But if we can't walk the talk, maybe we should just shut up and let the real 'doers' do the talking.

I'm flabbergasted by politicians who yammer on and on about topics they know absolutely nothing about, except for what they read in the briefing note. These are our voices? Seriously? We're doomed.

I want to hear from the people who know what they're talking about, who have objective opinions and are not swayed by greed or selfishness. If you exist, I can't hear you through all the noise. The media is hugely to blame for this. What did Brittney do today? I don't care. Where is the pot hole in NB that is so big you can fit a chicken in it? I don't care. What is Hillary wearing? I DON'T CARE!

Phew, I needed to vent. Where are you, the voices of clarity, knowledge and sincerity? I know you're out there. Make yourself known please. There are people out here who need to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment